The perfect money BG site
Posted By: Ian Dunstan
Date: Friday, 24 August 2007, at 8:56 a.m.
There isn't one, got your hopes up, didn't I ;-)
However, what features would you like a 'near perfect' site to have?
Here's my list (not necessarily in order of importance):
1) Great graphics. Resizable board(s), 2D or 3D, something easy on the eyes and with all the features (PartyGammon can't even get this right!)
2) No ratings or perhaps private ratings. I'm not a money player in the sense that making a $ through BG is particularly important to me. OTOH, I don't want to sit at my PC for an hour and only play a game or two because my rating frightens off opponents. Having a private rating that you alone can see might be kind of cool if you know you're feeding in the same waters as some of the world's best.
3) Recordable sessions. I want to analyse my play. If my opponent can be bothered to do the same then good on them. If an opponent is WC, I can find that out by doing my homework. I don't believe we need a rating system that flashes "shark". Besides, having public ratings promotes ratings manipulation.
4) Low/moderate rakes. Speaks for itself.
5) No Bot players allowed, unless, they are clearly identified as such!
6) An appeals committee that will really look into allegations of cheating. I'm bloody tired of showing the likes of PG (and let's not forget our friends at P65) when I've been cheated, and then have nothing come of it.
7) more later when I think of it...
Messages In This Thread
BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.