[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Stick, take a lesson

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 24 August 2007, at 5:37 p.m.

In Response To: Stick, take a lesson (Chuck Bower)

Now that's what I call a real waste of CPU time (for Neil) Neil would have bet his entire life savings that this was a playon before he rolled it out. I'm sure he rolled it out for other's to see the importance of playing on in such a position where even when the absolute worst happens you still most likely have the best of it & possibly a play on. [we'll see how you play the 44]

On plays like this I would give it a courtesty rollout (324), Chuck would whine like a 3 year old about this mathematical thing he's hung up on, and I'd move on because I feel I know what the best play is, no reason to waste precious CPU cycles when I already know the answer. Neil undoubtedly left this running overnight on a work computer or possibly during the day on a home computer otherwise he wouldn't have let it run so long either.

Stick ... going to get my ass beat by a HS girl in tennis, gla. Hopefully I'll have the energy later tonight to look up this *statistical significance* thing I keep hearing so much about. SD? JSD? CI? All acronyms I'm immune to =)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.