[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Video of Monte Carlo Final 10 Minutes w/ Illegal Play

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Sunday, 26 August 2007, at 1:47 a.m.

In Response To: Video of Monte Carlo Final 10 Minutes w/ Illegal Play (Bill Riles)

I amend my earlier reaction when I saw it live.

I think the flip from the 6 to the 5 on the die was inadvertent.

HOWEVER, Savio fully knew it was a 6 originally, and regardless of what the referee may or may not have said, he should have had the class to play legally. He had made an advantageous illegal play on a 2-2 earlier in the match with Pan. Fortunately, it ended up not having any impact on that game.

At the very end of the semi-final with Richard Munitz, Savio made an illegal play. When Richard called him on it, Savio argued but eventually agreed to look at the film if it made a difference. There was only a roll or two to go and as it played out it didn't matter. But he knew it was on film and offered to look at it.

The same could have been done here -- check the film.

He KNEW he had a 6-3, I find him completely at fault for accepting a call for him to play a 5-3.

He plays very fast; moves checkers back/forth rapidly looking at various positions -- often moving checkers with two hands. If I were playing him in a critical match I would demand a witness and/or specify he move checkers with only one hand and that we not pick up our dice until we'd both agreed to a legal move.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.