[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT - Michael Vick

Posted By: happyjuggler0
Date: Sunday, 26 August 2007, at 4:49 p.m.

In Response To: OT - Michael Vick (Stick)

I'm a happy and indiscriminate meat eater, certainly not some PETA nimrod. I believe if God didn't want us to eat animals he woudln't have made them out of meat. That said....

How is this any worse than bull fighting? How is it any worse than eating veal (i.e. slaughtered baby cow usually raised "inhumanely")? How is it any worse than eating foie gras, a delicious but unhealthy dish made by "inhumanely" < a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foie_gras"> forcefeeding duck or geese? Or how about warehousing livestock in horrific conditions for their entire lives?

The duck or goose is typically fed a controlled amount of corn mash through a tube placed in the animal's esophagus. Due to this force feeding procedure, and the possible health consequences of an enlarged liver, animal rights and welfare organizations and activists regard foie gras production methods as cruel to animals.

(As if premature death by butcher isn't the more problematic health consequence.)

Granted dog fighting is illegal, and "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime". But I honestly don't see how this has anything at all to do with justice while the other activities I outlined are legal. If (and when) Vick receives a prison sentence for his alleged crime, the NFL should simply consider that to be time served and let any team owner hire Vick if it wants to deal with (or benefit from) the fallout from sanctimonious twit organizations like PETA. Personally I think that artificial turf for football players is more inhumane than dogfighting (I'm not kidding, the players receive brutal injuries as a result of team owners not wanting to have to pay for the upkeep of a grass field), so the NFL has no ethical leg to stand on here.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.