[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Recent Major Tournament Tough One for the Wizards

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 27 August 2007, at 4:52 p.m.

In Response To: Recent Major Tournament Tough One for the Wizards (Keene)

As I recall:

It was a timed match (Bronstein clock) with White having considerable time remaining and Blue having only seconds (effectively playing on the buffer).

Also, white is a vastly more experienced, senior, well-recognized player. He does not get flustered and he does not make foolish errors with quick play. All is well thought out; though time is not wasted for the obvious.

Blue, though a good player, is much younger, is doubtlessly less experienced, is unknown to me, and without a doubt is the most hyperactive, nervous, indecisive player I've ever seen. He suffered over every decision -- to the extent that I remarked to another observer that he must have mortgaged his house and firstborn son for the entry fee. Seriously, he was wringing his hands, squeezing his head, running his hands through his hair, and mopping sweat from his brow and face (with towels he kept nearby) on every roll.

I don't recall the specific development of the game; however, I recall blue likely had earlier chances to double (though not huge) but had a very fortuitous late roll immediately preceding this position. He may well have been distracted earlier by the clock urgency.

Anyway, white probably pondered this cube for ten minutes (a distinct advantage of having a lot of time left) -- while blue was dying a million deaths (he was so incredibly wired).

White took the cube, won the game/match, and advanced.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.