[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BQ: Just make the 4-point? (some cube comments)

Posted By: Kevin Whyte
Date: Sunday, 14 August 2011, at 2:09 a.m.

In Response To: BQ: Just make the 4-point? (some cube comments) (Daniel Murphy)

You are clearly right on basically all counts. I didn't think much about what was really average in either scenario, I just tried to cook up something non-joker like to look at. The guesses at estimates were approximate enough that the details may not matter, but I should have paid more attention to what the different rolls looked like in each case. I also have no idea where my race calculation went wrong, when I tried it again after your post I came up with the same figure you did. Finally, I had meant to say in the previous post that this position did not occur exactly as it is in a game, but that if it had I would have thought it an obvious double before the roll. In the position that did occur the double is less clear to me, and it is given as one of the two cube questions I posted in a follow up.

In short, thanks for reading through my long attempt at analysis and hopefully I can be less sloppy next time.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.