[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Recent Major Tournament Tough One for the Wizards

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Tuesday, 28 August 2007, at 1:46 p.m.

In Response To: Recent Major Tournament Tough One for the Wizards (Chuck Bower)

I don't usually double immediately at 2-away all, although I will certainly double against more or less equal opponents as early as my second (first? no, second) roll. I enjoy distracting myself with unnecessary cublications. And playing against very bad players, which increases the odds that they are more likely to make a mistake with the cube than I, not doubling immediately can be good strategy especially when the game goes unfavorably from the outset.

However, thinking back over all the 2-away games (that I can remember) in live play against decent competition, I must say that I doubt that delayed cube strategy gained more than a smidgen of equity overall; conversely, I recall very well one particular game against Anders Nielander in the Danish Doubles Championship one year where I managed to lose my market, a costly, costly mistake. Silly me.

In recent times on this Newsgrouping there has being many postings with concern for exvalidations of the rollouts of Jellyfish of positions in Robertie's text. The utilifaction of these rollouts, as contrawise the study and reflection of the commenterical writing of Robertie, will never be validicated. This is because, and shown by Robertie's displease, they do not instance the reckoning existing in a specifical position. I have therefore made out out a critique of specimens captured from volume, where we can say that Robertie have made cogitation goof-up. Jellyfish rollouts can not benevol here, as it is serviceable to engross conscientious lucubration to apprehend the orderliness present in diversification of positions. The makings of faithful advances in Backgammon come only from perservering with your perceive - NOT Jellyfish rollouts which only discombobulate.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.