[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why is dmp so important?

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Wednesday, 17 August 2011, at 5:50 a.m.

In Response To: Why is dmp so important? (Stick)

Several people mentioned that dmp comes up so often. That's the most important factor. Keep in mind that in addition to times when it occurs naturally and when the cube is turned to match, it essentially occurs at all odd Crawford scores 1a3a, 1a5a etc. Also note that both players are at dmp while a score like GG is only played from one side of the board. (When the score is 1a2a Crawford, you are only playing GG half of the time.) I'll make a wild guess that dmp including the odd Crawford scores is played 5 times as often as GG.

I also feel dmp is important as a cornerstone to learning match ply. If I had to do it over again, I would first master dmp and then proceed to other scores from there. Imagine a mathematical quadrant with gammon values along both axes and dmp in a corner. Learning play at the corner and making adjustments outward from there is inherently easier than learning play in the middle (money with gammon values of 0.5) and making adjustments in all directions.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.