[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What about US-12 and US-14

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 28 August 2007, at 4:46 p.m.

In Response To: What about US-12 and US-14 (Chuck Bower)

12 can be really slow on a holiday weekend with people going to Lake Geneva combined with normal suburban spawl rush hour.

14 is OK, but near the airport you have to go thru Des Plaines and stuff and that is slow, if desiring 14, better to go thru the O'Hare Toll(unless completely backed up) and then go about 7 more miles and take 53 North about 1.5 miles to 14 and head NW. Things are slow thru Palatine, Barrington, Cary, and Crystal Lake at rush hour but not horrendous. Continue on 14 to Janesville WI and get back on I-90 to Madison. There's bits of traffic in WI small towns on 14, but not bad. I'd expect that route to take a full hour longer at rush hour that staying on 90 and being able to drive 5-10 mph over the speed limit if no traffic. If the delay on 90 is clearly longer than 1 hour, perhaps take 14. If not having an I-Pass and having to suffer at each toll booth in lines, also 14 may make more sense.

14 is preferable to 12 which also backs up badly in Lake Zurich where the past 15 years have seen farm land turned into endless malls along 12.

.. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.