[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Beer for Madison?

Posted By: Ian Shaw
Date: Wednesday, 29 August 2007, at 7:09 p.m.

In Response To: Beer for Madison? (Havard Raddum)

Michael Crane managed to blag a few crates of Double Drop for a BIBA tournament a few years ago. I recall it being quite "hoppy", which I always like in my beer.

In answer to Chuck, we traditional Brits do like our beer darker and perhaps a bit bitterer than the rest of Europe - though most youngsters tend to start with lager until they learn discernment. (To us, "lager" is what the rest of the world calls "beer". Heineken, Miller, Budwieser, etc.) Bitter is darker in colour and less fizzy. It's usually served at a warmer temperature than lager - in my opinion a lot of lager (yes Budweiser, I'm talking to you) is chilled down so you don't have to actually taste it!

Not being a true afficianado, I'd find it hard to define a characteristic difference in taste between IPA and bitter. Both can vary wildly. Perhaps IPAs tend to be slightly lower in strength - after all, they were originally brewed for British troops in India, and the army probably wanted to reduce drunkeness!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.