[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Beer for Madison?

Posted By: Keene
Date: Wednesday, 29 August 2007, at 7:31 p.m.

In Response To: Beer for Madison? (Ian Shaw)

Youch! I was once a young brit. And, I started with Newcastle Brown Ale (dark bitter) - moved onto Guinness (swallow the sunlight dark, extremely bitter), then stepped down to 80 shilling (darkish bitter, not very bitter), and am now a happy lager drinker. It took me about 6 years to get to Lager before I decided that my bowels didnt need to be renovated every sunday morning, and indeed, the taste is alot smoother. Also, try following a dark bitter with a gin and tonic chaser - or vice versa, and the switch to Lager becomes significantly easier.

Drink of choice: Kronenburg 1664 - just in case anyones buying. I also like Carlsberg Export, Heineken Export, and Wisconsins favorite, MGD (light preferably).

just my 2 pence worth.

Keene

PS: I find it interesting how us brits feel the need to give beer much broader horizons, and indeed several different categories (lager, beer, bitter, stout), whilst the rest of the world just calls it beer. And you call yourselves drinkers! tch!

Tch!

Tch!

(much disdain)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.