[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How do you compare to the Giants?

Posted By: benf
Date: Tuesday, 10 January 2012, at 5:22 a.m.

In Response To: How do you compare to the Giants? (trichard)

Think this is a game of luck? Consider this. I roll an opening 31, am I lucky? I would argue that I am not lucky at all! The only reason this roll is 'lucky' is because I skillfully play it correctly. When I make my 5 point I create an average equity for my opponent of -.229 and 11.4% ANTIjokers.

My playing the roll right gave my opponent more unlucky numbers! And I don't think that my using an obviously played opening roll makes this less valid. You know those mid-game plays where you have to figure out your game plan and there is only one right play? If you find and make the right play you give you opponent less lucky numbers, more unlucky numbers and yourself more lucky numbers on your next roll!

Back to the opening 31; assuming my opponent plays their roll correctly my next roll has an average "luck factor" of .1897, 11.425% jokers (4 rolls) and 13.2% antijokers (~5 rolls).

I guess my point is play with the dice distribution feature of XG (Ctrl + Alt + d) for just a few hours and you will quickly realize that as players we really create our own luck!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.