[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Filling out Giant-32 Ballot: Question for Danes, Japanese, Norwegians

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Friday, 20 January 2012, at 9:44 p.m.

The purpose of this post is to help me determine who and how many players have an average XG PR below 4.0. I will vote for those under 4.0 ahead of those over 4.0.

I have a lot of respect for Iancho and the hard work he does in compiling his PR list. It was my pleasure to meet him in Cyprus last year for the first time in person last year, and I really like him. Iancho has indicated that there may be fewer than twenty who play with an average PR below 4.0. I believe, on the contrary, that there are quite a few players around the globe who play better than 4.0 but are not on Iancho's list, probably because they seldom play online.

Stuart Thomson of Atlanta, for example, averages well below 4.0, but is not on the list. Stuart is active in his local club, but may play in only one ABT event per year.

Question for Jake and Giant-32 voters: Who is more deserving of a spot on the Giant-32 list, (1) Stuart, with a PR below 4.0, who plays in few tournaments, or (2) someone with a much higher PR but plays in many events and therefore has a much greater visibility?

I recall that Mochy once told me there are at least five or six Japanese who plays below 4.0. Hope Mochy will remind me who they are.

I believe there are some Norwegians who play below 4.0. Hope someone will tell me who they are.

I believe there may be a dozen or more Danes who average under 4.0. Hope someone will tell me who they are.

I believe that for the most part I am familiar with the strong players in the USA, but if anyone knows of any players under 4.0 from any other countries, please let me know.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.