[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

GIANTS'2012 REVIEW(very long)

Posted By: Casper van der Tak
Date: Monday, 23 January 2012, at 4:36 p.m.

In Response To: GIANTS'2012 REVIEW(very long) (Iancho Hristov)

I understand David's point. There are different ways to be a BG Giant: By playing extremely well (during the past 2 years), by playing extremely successfully (during the past 2 years), by contributing to the understanding about the game (during the past 2 years), and by promoting the game.

If I'd prepare a Top-32, my emphasis would be on playing extremely well, a bit less on success (we don't like the have the luck-box of the year as number 1, so here I'd think mostly about someone who may not play technically best, but who is good at creating practical problems for his/her opponent). But I could also see 1 or 2 that would come in based on the last two factors only. Such a person would not be in the Top-25 for me, but still.

Of course, some players do a lot for the game (promotion, teaching) and play strong and play successfully. These players would end up the highest in my vote.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.