[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

GIANTS'2012 REVIEW(very long)

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 23 January 2012, at 4:46 p.m.

In Response To: GIANTS'2012 REVIEW(very long) (Iancho Hristov)

Iancho -- I think you are trying to provide an honest service; your statistical data has value; however, you do have your personal favorites and, in my estimation, for you to promote them is wrong. You should collect and publish the data if you wish, but you should allow others to derive from it what they may and, accordingly, to make their own decisions regarding relevance, usefulness, etc. You should not introduce your own opinions.

It is my opinion that it is absolutely wrong for anyone to attempt to influence anyone else's votes on the Giants ballot for any reason. I think it unseemly and unethical. Again, in my opinion, promotion, campaigning, and the like has no place in the voting. I think it harms the system, the purpose, and the results. It is already too much of a popularity contest.

I'll carry it a bit further. Should anyone 'campaign' in any way for themselves or should I reasonably suspect anyone is promoting/campaigning for another with the authorization, permission, or tacit endorsement of the other, then the promoted player(s) and/or campaigning player(s) will be eliminated from consideration on my ballot -- and I encourage others to do the same.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.