[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

GIANTS'2012 REVIEW(very long)

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Monday, 23 January 2012, at 6:30 p.m.

In Response To: GIANTS'2012 REVIEW(very long) (Bill Riles)

I decided to read the majority of Bill's posts from September 2009 and April 2010. So that is why there is a delay in responding. At no point on this forum) that I could find - did Bill SPECIFICALLY name anyone and challenge their ethics and morality. The closest I got was this post:

http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=53387

What is interesting is that the top of this post is actually a campaign for Bill's own list of players in 2009. He doesn't provide much of an explanation either for his choice (Unlike Iancho who appeared to actually spend some time on his). At the bottom of Bill's post he does make a generalized statement about how he feels about campaigning. Yet that is exactly what Bill did in his own post, and what Iancho is being criticized by.

Nothing has really changed about how the list was done in 2009 and compared with now, so what applies then still applies now (It is a subjective popularity list). If I follow Bill's logic he is also immoral and unethical but he is also being hypocritical by telling people what they shouldn't do, yet he has done the same thing.

Bill should not be criticizing the players for doing something he himself has done. Rather than question other people's moral and ethical conduct, I recommend he expend that energy to get the Giant' s list changed or create a new list. He may already be doing this but it doesn't matter - the 2011 Giants List is pretty much unchanged in how it is done.

If I were Bill (Which I am not) I'd be openly questioning Yamin Yamin and the List's committee over the way the list is run and put together. I don't believe the list is anything more than a subjective popularity contest, and to that end I have no issue with Yamin Yamin, or people creating lists of people they would consider.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.