[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What about making matches 2 pts shorter in the Open in long large bracket weekend events?

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Thursday, 9 February 2012, at 8:43 p.m.

In Response To: Agree with Ben: End early & start early (David)

My purpose is to try to input and opinions to improve the experience of the majority of players in Open events.

Fortunately, there's lots of T's to go to, so I can pick and choose. I knew I'd be flame bait (IDGAF) for posting that I was passing on an event with IMHO a Sun start time 60 to 90 minutes earlier than needed. This event, which I shall not name, is almost certainly only 5 rds with progressive conso, and LC (which speeds things up). If there's conflicts with Masters or Doubles, then maybe then someone needs to start at 10 am or worse yet 9:30 on Sunday.

Yes, for most of us aging people, it isn't fun to play past 12am and to play again at 9:30 nor is it fun to play til 1am and start at 10 am. There are some formats, where this may happen (Swiss and LA events which are DE, but this is more reasonable and we can all expect it, and these Opens are 100% clocked so at least you aren't playing a 3 hour match starting at 11:30 pm).

So... should in some events, should 11 pt Open matches be 9 pts to speed things up so they can end sooner on Sat night?

Oh and I'll stress again how having LC be progessive and starting as soon as guys lose in conso speeds up progress and minimizes conflicts with side events.

.. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.