[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactations of 41S-66B-51 � C (Cross) Family

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Wednesday, 15 February 2012, at 11:30 p.m.

In Response To: Nactations of 41S-66B-51 — C (Cross) Family (Taper_Mike)

Nack has posted at BGO his concern about this (especially in Nackgammon), and has publicly mused that he might add an exception for the 23pt and 24pt. If he codifies this change, then the Hit/More/Six rule would not consider them to be made points (even when they were). Such a change is under review.

Update: In my private Nactation, I'm finding that classifying the 23pt and 24pt as non-points is a worthwhile improvement, at least in the early part of the game (which is what Nactation is primarily designed for).

I might or might not make this change official prior to the publication of the tutorial update, but in the meantime please maintain the status quo. For 41S-66B-51, (diagrammed below), the more-points convention is the main determinant for the ranking of the C family, which has four members: C = 24/23 9/4, c = 24/23 8/3, C = 23/22 9/4, c = 23/22 8/3, as Mike outlined.

1O1O ' ' '5X2X3X ' ' '4O

' ' ' ' '5O2X3O1O ' '3X

41S-66B-51

9/4 6/5 can be nactated A (as David suggested) or & (double slot).

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.