[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Average # of Blunders per Match (Giant)

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 22 February 2012, at 4:15 a.m.

In Response To: Average # of Blunders per Match (Giant) (Stick)

Going into Pittsburgh I had hoped to get all my matches recorded for a variety of reasons. While my one match against UBK was lost due to video recorder malfunction (or more likely, operator error), my other 6 matches were recorded. I played in the Open, the Masters (Jackpot), and doubles w/UBK. The missing match is from the Masters.

My overall record was an abysmal 2-5. The closest any opponent came to my PR according to XGR+ analysis is a bit over 2 PR. I never played over a 4 PR in any of my matches. (One of the matches where I felt there was clearly at least a 130 point elo difference I dropped a cube which the bot says and which I felt OtB was a take but due to the skill difference, cube size, score, I dropped, see diagram below. If you include this blunder it would push me over a 4 that particular match)

White is Stick

score: 0
pip: 92
9 point match
pip: 101
score: 2

Blue is Player 2
XGID=-B-CABCaC--ab-----abbb-bbA:2:-1:-1:00:0:2:0:9:10
Blue on roll, cube action?

Match #1 I had 3 blunders and played a 3.4.
Match #2 I had 2 blunders and played a 2.2.
Match #3 I had 5 blunders and played a 3.9.
Match #4 I had 3 blunders and played a 2.9.
Match #5 I had 3 blunders and played a 3.9.
Match #6 is the doubles match where I played a 2.5 and my partner with one blunder more than myself played a 3.3.

This was just to give everyone an idea of how often one might blunder and the approx. correlation to PR. There are other factors at work here which I haven't mentioned of course such as number of games, or more specifically, non forced moves played, during the matches. These matches overall were what I'd call average length for 9 point matches. No short and sweet matches. Also, the doubles match was obviously to 7 points.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.