[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Question for Stick

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 23 February 2012, at 9:17 a.m.

In Response To: Question for Stick (Christian Munk-Christensen)

There is no maximum as it depends on too many variables. As I noted in another post in a recent thread, I once passed what was a super blunder .450 take in a long match, I believe either Nordic or Monte Carlo, can't honestly remember which, on a recube to 4 where I was more than happy to pass. It wasn't even a thought in my mind. The other Giant present at the time agreed completely and there is no doubt he wasn't humoring me.

If you aren't willing to make an intentional cube blunder of 0.144 then I question if you know what you're doing. Some of these cube drops of this size given a significant PR difference should be routine. This past weekend in PGH a decision came up in my doubles match where UBK and I were faced with a pure racing cube. It was a clear take, no question, nobody was arguing that. The opponent was about 75% at an even score making the size of the take over .120. Between us I'd guess there was a 3 PR difference or 100 elo on average. Koca wanted to take, I was very unsure. I'm still unsure as to which is best to win but I would have lost no sleep dropping this cube. MCG said he would have probably dropped too.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.