[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Question for Stick

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 23 February 2012, at 11:20 a.m.

In Response To: Question for Stick (Christian Munk-Christensen)

Not the slightest idea, match wasn't recorded. Can you seriously not imagine dropping the simple racing cube I posted before? If you can't, there's really no use discussing the issue. And quit doing what so many people do, they read a post and pick out one detail that barely relates and cling to it. Address what was meant, otherwise it reminds me of political debates and they're a happy waste of everyone's time.

Have you ever sat and just thought about what your opponent's real gammon value is given that they are this much or that much worse than you? Did you also try to figure out what your own real gammon value then was? Have you ever created a staggered match equity table? How about in reality how limited your recube vig is when you take a 2 cube in a match with such a PR difference? (this comes with the flaw of assuming your opponent knows to take far more liberally) How about how much recube vig your opponent has on taking a simple 2 cube since his recubes to 4 hit you like a sheet of ice in the face? Have you performed an innumerable amount of elo difference rollouts noting not only which play comes out best but what makes the games longer thus giving your opp's more turns to err for example? Have you played dmp games against yourself trying to play like someone who plays ~1.5 PR worse than you (at dmp) recording the results manually to see exactly what kind of advantage you have? Have you at least read Jake's book?

If you (universal) haven't done all this and much much more I don't think you have given the issue anywhere near enough thought. If you have then you can heave my foot to my mouth.

I can name many players who know what they are doing who would not make intentional 0,144 blunders.

They don't know what they're doing then.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.