[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Best Baffle Box Ever is now Available

Posted By: Colin Owen
Date: Friday, 24 February 2012, at 7:15 p.m.

In Response To: Best Baffle Box Ever is now Available (Michael Crane)

I am always seeking help Michael, (it's good to have insight) but I've found that the best therapy is a good baffle box and cups.

Even without paddles, lips, and other deflectors Phil's new box looks pretty close to 'Fort Knox' to me. People are always free to add such things, as indeed I have. A year or two ago, Phil made ten baffle boxes and fairly quickly sold nine, keeping one for himself. Mine now has evolved to having 23(!) deflectors that send the dice this way and that, yet very rarely jam the dice. It is not collapsible, and does not fit in any of my boards - but it fits in my rucksack! Very solidly made thing, it'll last a lifetime; I weigh over 300lbs, yet I reckon that baffle box could take my weight! (Sadly for some perhaps, I will not be testing this theory.)

If you add lipped cups into the mix, then do you need to customize a baffle box? Especially if you're still supposed to shake the dice. One of several advantages of a box is that, if you're not happy with something about your opponents roll, like he didn't shake, or looked in the cup, the dice touched his hand etc you have about a second to stop the dice from emerging onto the board. This compares to the 0.2 seconds or so you'll have without a box (good luck).

Before Peevers last visit to play me, I increased the minimum requirement from two shakes to three - well, I am his pigeon!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.