[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

EPC TECHNICS

Posted By: Mr Majestyk
Date: Monday, 5 March 2012, at 3:16 p.m.

In Response To: Daily Quiz 3/4 - Giants (Daily Quiz)

Bearoff Metric Scale (BMS)

6pt

5pt

4pt

3pt

2pt

1pt

Problem 2.

Estimating the EPC in most flat & efficient positions is pretty much straight forward. In positions like these (I'm talking about blue's distribution, here), the situation is far from being straight forward. The main problem seems to be that blue's distribution is both roll & pip orientated. Blue's raw unadjusted PC is 38 pips; 18 of those pips (from the 3pt to the ace pt) look rollish to me and 20 pips (from the 6pt to the 4 pt) look pipish.

The BMS Scale (above) show just how efficient each homeboard point is. The 6, 5 & 4pts in contrast to the 3, 2 & 1pts are significantly more efficient and hence less wasteful as denoted by their efficiency weightings.

Method - Blue

With 10 checkers stacked and distributed between the ace & 3pt, I'll assume that blue never misses (?) and his EPC for these 10 checkers is 7x5+1 = 36.

Blue has 4 checkers distributed between the 6 & 4pts and total 20 pips for an overall EPC of 56. How different is this to post hit contact bearoffs?

Method - White

White's pip to roll ratio is 47:6. White has 2 checkers on the 3pt for an EPC of 7x2+1 = 15+47 = 62. However white has gaps on her ace & decuce pts and the penalty for these gaps is 1 pip each (my estimate) for a readjusted EPC of 60. It maybe a little higher but not by much.

Problems?

Lets say the pip to roll ratio was reversed, here. Would you add 6 pips? I'm not sure! Some examples plz; put me out of my misery, lol. If it works, then I'd expect a WOW!

NBM

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.