[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Daily Quiz 3/16

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Friday, 30 March 2012, at 12:11 a.m.

In Response To: Daily Quiz 3/16 (Daily Quiz)

I'm back now and will try to catch up on posting XGR+ evals for the Daily Quizzes. Thanks to BenF for stepping up while I was gone.

1. Blue usually doesn't hit, and dances almost half the time. White is then a favorite. The take must be trivial. If Blue hits, the game is not gin, but Blue might be TG, so with Jacoby that's an argument for turning the cube. Could this be a Kauder paradox? Maybe, but I'd be surprised. ND/T.

2. I'd just try to go for the gammon with 17/14* 8/5 4/1*(2). Could be a little too aggressive, though, given that White's board is strong enough to deter us from hitting loose too freely.

3. 13/7 looks natural at first, but it feels to me that we need to do something about our back checkers before they get suffocated. 13/7 totally disconnects our position. Maybe 23/22 7/2* is better? But we don't really want to shift from the 7pt to the 2pt if we can help it, and we're left with precious few 5's to play. What about 23/18 8/7? That leaves an awful lot of blots lying around for White to attack. I guess I'll try 23/22 7/2* but without confidence.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.