[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A New Argument for Clocks

Posted By: leemo
Date: Friday, 30 March 2012, at 2:04 a.m.

In Response To: A New Argument for Clocks (Phil Simborg)

Phil said: "...Every time I play at a faster speed to be polite and considerate I am wondering if I am truly playing at the highest level, because I know, without doubt, that the more time I take on difficult decisions the better I am going to play."

I have never used a clock and wouldn't recognise top shelf play if it bit my nose off, though it seems this argument is a natural part of the evolution process. Other games and sports have also evolved through the hard- and software of equipment and rules, and it doesn't just 'happen' without debate.

On the point you make, it seems that the equal pressure of time should invariably exagerate standards and error rates in favour of the better player, because while as you say you are not playing at your highest level neither is your opponent, and though you are both making errors yours will be significantly smaller.

Though it would be nice to play a perfect game nobody ever won a cup for that, and the purpose of a bg tourney like any other, surely is to compete and come through under the application of fair and equal rules and pressures.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.