[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Daily Quiz 3/22

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Sunday, 1 April 2012, at 6:24 p.m.

In Response To: Daily Quiz 3/22 (Daily Quiz)

1. Bar/24 6/5* is clear. Then it's tempting to hit one or two more checkers, but we don't have much material for a blitz. For money I would make the 5pt; trailing a bit in the match, we have a little more incentive to play for the gammon, and I think bar/21* 6/5* should win more gammons. However, the game has a long way to go and I think it's better just to make the 5pt. After bar/24 6/5*(2), I'm not sure what the fourth ace should be, but I'll try 11/10.

2. The obvious play is 13/4. The main alternative I see is 8/4 6/1*. The idea is not to blitz but to gain a tempo so that White can't make a good point (e.g., her bar), and so that we have a better chance of hitting White's blots. But I think White is concerned with trying to safety her two rear blots so I'm not sure she'll make the bar with every roll that allows her to do so. I'd just play 13/4 and wait for a better opportunity later.

3. Another tempo question. White's rolls will all play well if we don't hit so I guess I'll try the hit here. 6/1* must be preferable to 8/3* since it leaves far fewer return shots. Bar/22 6/1*.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.