[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Searching for posts

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 9 April 2012, at 1:48 a.m.

In Response To: thanks Nack (pontiac)

Do you collect threads, or find it by searcing in the google?

For early game material, I search using Nactation.

First, go into the Set Preferences tab and set the List messages for at least 3 years. (I think it was around 2009 people started using Nactation to a noticeable degree at bgonline.)

If you are searching by subject header, in the main forum use Ctrl-F (i.e., hold down the Control Key and F at the same time). For example, typing "xxx-65" (or just x-65) will get you to two threads containing a couple of dozen posts that list and/or discuss numerous third roll 65 positions. Or if you're looking for a specific third roll 65 position such as 42P-21S-65, you can type that in and several posts come up. (It is not necessary to put in an entire header -- indeed a partial header is often better as it will yield more results.) Each time you hit the Enter (Return) key, a new header is revealed/highlighted.

If you are searching by content (especially useful if you can't remember even part of a header or perhaps want to cast a wider net), go to the Search tab. Under "Messages containing...," change "Any" to "All" and type in a few words underneath. For example, typing "third roll 65 run split" brings up many relevant posts from which you can choose.

I encourage you to experiment with those two search mechanisms (Ctrl-F and the Search tab). With practice, you'll improve. If you get stuck, let me know.

Tim is very good at finding old posts. Perhaps he has some advice as well.

Hope that helps.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.