[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1 Billion

Posted By: Paul Money
Date: Monday, 4 June 2012, at 10:37 a.m.

In Response To: +1 Billion *NM* (Mr Majestyk)

I don't attend tournaments now, for reasons that have nothing to do with how well or badly they are organised. I have played in plenty though, in UK, France, Holland, America, Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Eire and Greece and possibly some others. I have never been surveyed by a TD and rarely found a sympathetic ear to informed complaint and/or constructive criticism. It is no surprise that tournament attendance is generally so poor. Any business that ignores market research is certain to fail. I wouldn't shop in a store where the manager treated my opinions as worthless either. For example, in the UK in the 90s, a group of players who attended every tournament going, decided to address the TD with their concerns and suggestions as to the direction that the member's organisation should take and the way in which tournaments should be formatted. Every suggestion met with a flat no! Attendance fell from 100+ to 40 or so. Listen up TDs, not getting the entry? Ask the players that come and more importantly, the players who don't. Be prepared to take on board some frank opinions, because if you are not getting an entry, it's because you are doing something wrong! This applies even to those who run well-organised and popular tournaments. Doing well? Maybe you could be doing better!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.