[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

SURVEY - Backgammon Needs you!

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Tuesday, 5 June 2012, at 12:52 a.m.

In Response To: SURVEY - Backgammon Needs you! (Jake Jacobs)

Jake +1.

Actually I wouldn't be able to give a good answer to this survey. First of all it depends on the number of players, time available, spread in player strength, entry fees, etc. Some formats are just good or bad in some situations.

If the majority of tournaments were the same format, I'd probably prefer the "next" format.

Swiss-style formats is GREAT for doubles tournaments, but sucks for side-events.

Having said that, I'm not that much for "3 out of 5" or even "2 out of 3" formats, if the matches get too short - some of the wonderful challenges of playing long matches disappear (occasional high cube, skewed decisions when trailing/leading much, playing your opponent, etc.). And I feel that it is an ineffective format time-wise (you have to plan for 3 matches in each round).

------------

I'd expected this survey to address things like single day/multi day tournaments, entry fee sizes, sidepools, calcuttas, master points/tours, time preferences, and what should be inclusive in the entry fee (eg. do people prefer "all-in-one" solutions with dinners included, etc).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.