[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Daily Quiz 5/3

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Monday, 11 June 2012, at 2:56 p.m.

In Response To: Daily Quiz 5/3 (Daily Quiz)

1. Blue has 10 checkers in the zone with serious priming as well as blitzing chances, but of course he's also on the bar, and White has no major weaknesses in her position. Blue has two checkers back and only a modest race lead. Should be a clear take. If Blue enters and White rolls poorly, though, I think Blue loses his market. D/T.

2. The only "safe" play is 5/4 5/1. Alternatives are 23/22 5/1 stepping up to the edge of the prime, and 6/2 3/2 keeping a five-point board. Getting a second checker sent back looks really bad to me, so I'll try the ugly 5/4 5/1.

3. Blue has 21 shots that hit one or two outfield checkers, plus 65 which hits loose in his inner board. These come with serious gammon danger for White. Most other rolls for Blue give White just a single direct shot to turn the game around. The double is clear and the take is doubtful. I'd drop. D/P.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.