[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How to adjust entry fee in 2^n brackets for first round byes?

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Wednesday, 29 August 2012, at 7:46 a.m.

In Response To: How to adjust entry fee in 2^n brackets for first round byes? (Casper van der Tak)

But the amount pulled from entries of non-bye players to the non-bye pool, should be adjusted based on the consolation/last chance setup of the tournament, I suppose?

If all players not cashing in the main enters a flat redraw conso, it must be adjusted for, compared to if they enter a progressive one. Etc.

One could also argue, that on average, you meet easier competition in the first round, opposed to later rounds (where stronger players are expected to progress), thus setting all rounds to .5 (or x2 in price money for a win) is skewed.

As a TD, I think I'd aim for a little lower non-bye side pool than pure mathematics would dictate, to make sure the system only evens out some lottery element of the tour, without ever over-adjusting.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.