[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Against a backgame

Posted By: smcrtorchs
Date: Thursday, 30 August 2012, at 5:11 p.m.

In Response To: Against a backgame (Taper_Mike)

I do admit that I am completely lost here, because studying back games without a bot that can play them correctly is pretty confusing.

I will give my thoughts however because I find this position playful enough to intrigue me.

48 pips of inference is pre back game. Ouh oh. I forgot I should not be inventing new terms when I try to explain something. So this is a back game with bad timing. If yellow (not sure how Mike can see the checkers blue instead of yellow) hits then brown will certainly not have the timing to retain all 3 anchors. So he will have to break the 1 or 2 pt anyways. Now I would be much more afraid brown's blockade if it was a 4 prime than if it was a 3. Checkers from browns 21 can easily flee in the outfield and then how would yellow escape. He would be hit until the prime became a 5 and 6 outfield prime. So let me tell u that I am actually intimidated by the combination of the slotted 7 and the 21 point.

I can also tell you that what I really really want is the 5 pt here and not the 9. Nine is good of course, but you will not prime black from an anchor at the 21. Of course you could break it later if you have the chance to make the 5, but will you and how much later would you break it if not now?

My play would be 22/18 14/9 hitting & placing a builder for both 5 and 9.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.