[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another way to absolve Stick!

Posted By: Joe Russell
Date: Friday, 31 August 2012, at 10:46 a.m.

In Response To: Stick Challenge (Bill Phipps)

There is another way to absolve Stick. I have 14 matches that we have played. In the 14 matches Stick averaged 2.3. If you took all of his errors from those matches and plotted them, based on size of error, for both checker play and the cube, I think they should form bell curves. If Stick was cheating, it means he removed some errors from his play that he would have otherwise made. It would take a mega-genius to remove the correct percentage of each size error, so as to keep the bell curve. What is more likely, if he was cheating, is that he removed errors of a certain size, thus destroying the bell curve. If I am right about this, which I may not be, this should shed light on whether or not he cheated. I would not share these matches without Stick's okay, but he has given Iancho permission to share his info, which would be more valuable than mine, so I assume it is okay, but will wait to hear from Stick.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.