[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Strato

Posted By: Bill Phipps
Date: Friday, 31 August 2012, at 8:36 p.m.

In Response To: Stick Challenge (Strato)

I do not represent a group of players. I have received many supportive emails, and a few negative ones, from players who do not want to post publically. And yes, all of the money is my own.

You ask what odds I would be willing to lay. Currently I am offering to give infinite odds. 10000 to 0 . But, if a match is ever scheduled, I would be willing to wager a significant amount against Stick replicating the 2.04 PR.

Your point that having a person watching Stick may adversely effect him, strikes me as having little merit. I call this the Heisenberg Uncertainty defense, and you could claim this is true of anything. When I am alone in the shower, I am the greatest singer in the world. But if someone is listening, I get nervous and it suddenly sounds like cats mating. There is an old Ben Stiller movie called Mystery Men. In it, there is a character that can turn invisible at will. But only if nobody is watching. Maybe that is what we have here. Stick can play a 2.04, but only if nobody is watching.

I will not agree to the webcam idea. David Blaine held his breath underwater for 18 minutes on the Oprah show. There were cameras everywhere.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.