[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Strato

Posted By: Strato
Date: Friday, 31 August 2012, at 10:17 p.m.

In Response To: Strato (Bill Phipps)

Regardless Bill, if Jake and I (and maybe others) think that having people present is the same as playing live, then your proposal makes no sense at all, and is worthless.

It has to be under the roughly the same conditions when he played online. Personally, I would not be able to ignore one or two people in the room, even if I could not see them because they are behind me, but I would know they are there, I'd feel their presence.

If it were just cameras, inanimate objects, I could easily ignore and forget them after a few seconds.

Therefore, what I would suggest is that you put Stick in a soundproof cubicle at an upcoming tournament, with a camera or two filming everything (you can also do this from his hotel room), and with a computer connected to a backgammon server and have him play you or anyone else connected from elsewhere. That sounds about right.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.