[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A few elephants in the room regarding Bill Phipps's challenge to Stick

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Friday, 31 August 2012, at 10:09 p.m.

Despite the large number of posts about Bill's challenge, I feel that there are a couple of obvious questions that are getting curiously little attention.

1. The second person on Iancho's list is Braconi. So far, I haven't seen any discussion of Braconi by name (though maybe I missed some posts). As I recall, Bill finds it very significant that there are five giants clustered around 3.0, with Stick being an outlier. If Braconi is included, then Stick is still an outlier, but less so. Why is Braconi seemingly excluded from the discussion? Is Braconi under similar suspicion of cheating? (Actually, come to think of it, I now recall that someone did once send me private email insinuating that he thought that Braconi cheated online.)

2. Stick has listed several reasons that might explain a discrepancy between live play and online play. Bill has not, as far as I have seen, attempted to address any of these reasons, but continues to insist that a big difference between live play and online play should a priori be considered circumstantial evidence of cheating. I would be interested in what Bill thinks of Stick's list of reasons.

3. Bill has mentioned live play in his last post. Is he willing to fly out to where Stick lives to play the live matches? (Provided Stick agrees to the terms, of course.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.