[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Poll - Yes, but...

Posted By: Strato
Date: Saturday, 1 September 2012, at 1:24 a.m.

In Response To: Poll (Leonardo Jerkovic)

Did you ever use a bot to help you play better online backgammon?

Yes, I did, a few times but it was not for profit so I was not cheating.

I am serious.

It was when I worked for a certain backgammon server. I have caught literally dozens of backgammon cheaters online.

I have developed a system to catch cheaters that is about a 90% foolproof.

So while doing research on how players cheat with a bot, I had to put myself in their shoes, for example, to test how long it takes to put the match into a bot as you are playing and get the analysis back from the bot to make the best move. But I never took any money from anyone while using the bot, I used fun money and even then, I'd resign the match.

Sometimes the cheating is so obvious that you have an easy catch. But some players are trickier than others. My system consists more than 20 possible indications that a player is cheating.

The more indications I find, means the more likely it is the player is cheating. Then you investigate a little deeper. It is not easy work and is very time consuming.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.