[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Tournament Rules and Guidelines

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 27 November 2012, at 11:14 p.m.

In Response To: Tournament Rules and Guidelines (Henrik Bukkjaer)

We did not consult with anyone in Denmark but we did go over your rules.

You at correct that a set of clock rules needs to be attached and it will be once a final document is approved by federations around the world.

I am sure there are individual rules and wording you, and others do not like, and I am equally sure that you have recommendations that would be an improvement over what we have written. I am also sure that no final document will please everyone.

We do not ask or expect everyone to simply accept this document as the "final" international rules of backgammon. We simply set out to demonstrate that it is possible to better define the rules and responsibilities for all and better examples and guidelines to handle infractions, and to show how valuable the existence of such a document is a necessity for the good of the game. All other international sports and games have clearly defined, internationally-adopted rules and standards. It is essential for fair play and the growth of the game.

We have no ego about this--that is why we did not "sign" the document. Make any changes you like, but please, try to do it in cooperation with the rest of the federations in the world so that we can have uniformity.

In answer to your question, currently this document has no official standing in the US or elsewhere.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.