[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Tournament Rules and Guidelines

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Wednesday, 28 November 2012, at 12:41 a.m.

In Response To: Tournament Rules and Guidelines (Phil Simborg)

>> Make any changes you like, but please, try to do it in cooperation with the rest of the federations in the world so that we can have uniformity.

I wonder why you didn't do so yourself to begin with?

Breaking from the US federation for which you were chairman of the rules committee, to then produce your own personal rules document (in a format that is different from all other rules documents in world wide backgammon), then launching that document here public, stating your purpose to make it the world wide rules (though opening the door slightly to include a few changes if approved by majority of federations), WITHOUT having consulted a single federation during the process...

---

Now, the clock part of the document, you say, can be published once all federations has approved your rules!? Are the clock not a very integral part of the tournament backgammon rules? In my opinion it is, and thus should be included in the very first iteration of world wide rule work. How do you expect federations to "approve" something that is incomplete? Actually I'd had hoped that what was supposed to be the pinnacle of tournament backgammon rules - rewritten from scratch - the clock would be an integral part, not an appendix.

So please, could you publish the clock rules now? Or the draft for these?

---

The document is not signed by the authors, but in the original post here you mentioned (apart from yourself) Jeb and Chuck.

Should we understand that they have contributed to this document, or that they are co-authors endorsing the final product and in agreement with your thoughts on how to proceed making this the world wide recognized rulebook?

I'm asking this, because (as far as I can see) Jeb is a USBgF board member, and Chuck is still member of the USBgF rules committee.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.