[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Tournament Rules and Guidelines

Posted By: Perry Gartner
Date: Wednesday, 28 November 2012, at 9:01 p.m.

In Response To: Tournament Rules and Guidelines (Henrik Bukkjaer)

You correctly cited what happened in 2010 as being a forerunner of what has tranpired subsequently.

About a year ago Phil informed me of his intent to work on rule changes with Chuck and Jeb independent of the USBGF. Phil felt there were some leading organizers in the U.S, and perhaps members that sat on the board of the USBGF, that would oppose the recommendations of his group. Therefore his group intended to bring their recommendations to federations in other countries, and internationalizing this effort would culminate in short circuiting the anticipated opposition in the US.

. I took issue with Phil telling him that all board members solidly supported a look at the rules for purposes of making improvements and invited him, Chuck, and Jeb to form a sub-committee (part of our Rules Committee) to do the work under the auspices of the USBGF. Upon completion of proposed rule & guidline changes for the USBGF, we would consult with other federations with the goal of coming up with internationally accepted rules. The offer was turned down.

Yesterday I received an email from Phil asking that the USBGF Rules Committee consider the proposed changes. Further he suggested in regard to an international committee, the USBGF take the lead "getting this committee organized and empowered", and offered his services to this end.

I do think that our focus should emphasize the substance of the document rather than the process in which it was presented to us. In this context, I believe high praise is due to the group from the world wide community, for a document that touches upon many areas that are currently not adequately covered in the rules that govern U.S. tournament play.

I believe we can work closely with your federation and others, to determine the best process to establish international rules and to work out what those rules should be.

Perry

Perry Gartner President, USBGF

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.