[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Tournament Rules and Guidelines

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Saturday, 1 December 2012, at 12:07 a.m.

In Response To: Tournament Rules and Guidelines (Phil Simborg)

BTW:

About 12-13 years ago (give or take one), Daniel was trying to facilitate to get tournament directors from all over the world to work together and discuss rules. I was a participant.

Nothing really came of it, and the effort stranded.

I think, if I recall correctly, that our conclusion was, the world was not ready for a unified rule set. Some participants were openminded and willing to discuss, but others were, frankly, stubborn and not willing to change a single comma in their rules.

Most apparent were the lack of an entity like USBgF. The US were represented by individual TDs with different objectives. I think you've been faced with the same challenges throughout the years, when you have tried to gather support for unified rule work.

NOW the USBgF is there. The world wide federations and major TDs (I think) are more open towards cooperation. Basically things are coming the right way, to facilitate a new effort in harmonizing the rules.

That's my opinion at least, and that's why I was confused about why you went solo for this one....

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.