[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Simborg Rule: Possible Application

Posted By: Bob Koca
Date: Monday, 3 December 2012, at 2:19 p.m.

In Response To: Simborg Rule: Possible Application (Phil Simborg)

"Bob, you might well be right about this rule, however, how much have you tried it?"

I'll try it out.

"No, it does not just shift the luck to the second roll, because there are more blots on the first roll, "

I don't follow the logic here. With a slot to either hit or not wouldn't there may be more equity riding on the second roll than there would usually be?

"If nothing else, it is a fun and interesting side event and variation."

Sure. There are dozens of these and I agree many are fun side events and variations.

"And I suspect there were many how fought the concepts bitterly until they tried it and saw the beauty of it. (There are people around today who argue against the Crawford Rule and many around the world who don't use the cube or use the Jacoby rule. There are places where the opening roll can be doubles--talk about gaining a huge advantage on the first roll!) "

Yes. Count me among those who do not see the beauty of the Jacoby rule.

" "

You didn't address the elegance of rules argument. Are you conceding that point?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.