[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Colorless Counting--A clever concept

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 26 December 2012, at 9:37 p.m.

In Response To: Colorless Counting--A clever concept (Timothy Chow)

Okay, since we're on this subject, since 1985 I have learned various strategies and concepts that have improved my game. It's possible that some of those existed earlier, but they weren't given a formal name, or I simply hadn't heard about it, but I'm not sure if any of these concepts are more than just improved shortcuts or rules of thumb or ways of getting to the answer more quickly.

Can anyone name a new concept or approach that is a major departure from what was used pre-1985? I'd love to hear it.

Yes, we have some new formulas for racing cubes; some new shortcuts to determine take points, gammon values and match equities; some good rules of thumb for various kinds of positions relative to cube and checker decisions. Yes, we have some new rules and aids, like the bots, Nactation, folding baffle boxes, dice tubes, clocks, and penalizing Carter for too much noise in chouettes, but is there anything really, really new and different?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.