[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Colorless Counting--A clever concept

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 28 December 2012, at 3:35 a.m.

In Response To: Colorless Counting--A clever concept (6stones)

There are a few people we all know who are pretty well qualified to tell us what has evolved since when and even who might get most of the credit for the concept. It would be a great article to have a "time-line" showing the concept, when it surfaced and who wrote it.

I doubt we will see such an article because it would take a lot of work and time to do accurately, but it would be a wonderful piece to have for posterity...30 years from now, we won't have too many left to remember these things.

I bet if we get a bunch of the experienced greats around a table and turned on a recorder, it would be fascinating. Clearly Robertie, Magriel, Kit, Jake, Malcolm, Neil, and Nack could fill in a lot of the blanks. Danny Kleinman could probably add a lot to the mix. Sorry for only naming Americans as i don't know the European and Asian old-timers well enough to include them, but I am sure they are there, and I am sure I am leaving out some real experts like KG and Sly and Perry and others who have been studying the game for many years. Ken Bame and Maurice Barrie are backgammon history buffs as well, and Ken has just about every book ever written.

But short of a complete history, I'd love to get their take on whether or not there have been any really important new concepts or approaches in the past 30 years, and if so, what they are.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.