[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Points are not always good and blots not always bad

Posted By: svilo
Date: Friday, 28 December 2012, at 2:36 p.m.

In Response To: Colorless Counting--A clever concept (Matt Cohn-Geier)

If you are not kidding:) Either Robertie or Danny kleinman or both commented on several key concepts, easy to learn and making from the absolute beginner a tiny underdog against the best players: points, hits. safe play. Magriel taught how to easily see point making moves from dice difference. I remember Magriel also noticed points are not always good and advocated not making a 6 away point on 11 bearing in against a golden anchor. The idea is good, but the example as Jeremy showed was wrong:) There is a vast multitude of points not good, or point making not the best move and also blotting, slotting and other blot leaving or blot creating and double blot creating best plays.

It happens to me as I play or act - I am trying to be too cute and I either

find the true decision but I am mocked for it by a stupid crowd. Especially when dice rule the opposite.

make the wrong decision and I say to myself afterwards: don't try to be more Christian than the pope:)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.