[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon is not chess and Nackgammon is not more skillful

Posted By: Bob Koca
Date: Friday, 8 March 2013, at 3:59 p.m.

In Response To: Backgammon is not chess! (rew)

I agree with rew's thoughts about Nackgammon. Less blitzes and more mutual holding games. Also if there is a bigger difference per game in a tournament that would be balanced somewhat by the games being also longer so say instead of 13 point matches there would need to be 11 point matches.

I have some data which strongly suggests the skill level is not appreciably greater. I have two accounts on dailygammon; BobKoca which plays only backgammon and jollyoldsaintnack which plays only nackgammon. I am one of the top players there so a skill difference in the two types of contest should show up. At the moment jolly is 4th in ratings at 2235 and BobKoca is 5th at 2232. Also note that does not take into account that in a tournamnet a nackgammon match would on average take longer than a backgammon match to the same number of points.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.