[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon is not chess!

Posted By: Rod
Date: Saturday, 9 March 2013, at 8:56 a.m.

In Response To: Backgammon is not chess! (Chiva Tafazzoli)

Had I not been cast out nearly 3 years ago, the usbgf would by now be well on its way to actually increasing the game's popularity in the US as I had intended. Instead it continues to cater to the insular backgammon community, making Impotent stabs at bringing a trickle of new blood online through hard presses at colleges.

600 members, mostly part of the pre-existing backgammon community, is just a pitifully sad performance. Yet, rather than admitting something is drastically wrong, Perry is held out as a wonderkind. But it's the board's fault, far more so, for not understanding their purpose and what was/is necessary in an Executive Director/President. The board selected was necessary to give credibility to the organization so the pre-existing backgammon community would join and serve as a base while we expanded back into the general public. Instead of replacing me with someone likeminded, the board got someone who represented them and all that was wrong with backgammon in the US - it was old and tired.

Oops.

With all the negative associated with me, I'd bet 10:1 on big money we'd have more members today had I still been running the organization.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.