[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon is not chess!

Posted By: DGArnold
Date: Sunday, 10 March 2013, at 3:42 p.m.

In Response To: Backgammon is not chess! (Art Grater)

Hey there.. I mis spoke as I review what I said. Obviously someone like per wikipedia ""Sven Magnus Řen Carlsen is a Norwegian chess grandmaster and former chess prodigy who is the No. 1 ranked player in the world. His peak rating is 2872, the highest in history"" can lost to someone at say ELO-2500. It could happen.. most likely will not. I meant something along the lines of someone rated say ELO-2200 would never lose to someone rated 1400. In backgammon you can lose to even the worst novice at any time. I specifically remember one match from 5 years ago. Snowie 4 days.. I was 118%-- Thats negative-18% favorite to win and lost pretty easily. It was a 15 pt match with multiple games. I do own Shredder and have been trying to learn Chess but it somewhat frustrating. I am better than I was but not as good as I would like to be. Guess same can be said about Backgammon. I had never considered having Shredder play itself..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.