[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Trust XG2 defaults

Posted By: Rick Janowski
Date: Tuesday, 25 June 2013, at 8:29 p.m.

In Response To: Trust XG2 defaults (neilkaz)

Thank you for the backround information regarding the construction of the METs

I think the extrapolation between 15 and 25 points was done very smoothly with no discernable discontinuity. I doubt that errors above 0.001 or 0.002 will occur. With regards to your comment:

"Why did I stop after 9 pts when rolling out Kaz-XG2? I stopped because there was very little difference in the scores for matches of this length or slightly shorter between the two METs so, while I originally intended to go to at least 11 pts with my RO's I stopped and just used the R-K results for longer lengths."

The consistency of the two METs over the whole of the 9 point match range appear to make the decision to stop perfectly sensible, as practically, there is no significant error at all. Besides, the work involved in reaching a 15 point match score would triple those needed for a nine point match.

Do we really need future METs to be accurate to 4 decimal places as you appear to suggest? I thought three decimal places was generally sufficienly accurate for any cube deicion, especially considering the number of other sources for errors?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.