[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2 away 2 away Score -- Idea

Posted By: ah_clem
Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2013, at 9:25 p.m.

In Response To: 2 away 2 away Score -- Idea (Rick Janowski)

My $.02 is that it would probably take me a while to warm up to the idea as a general rule in match play. My main concern is that it makes the game more complicated to explain, and in order to explain the motivation you first have to explain the optimal 2a 2a doubling strategy and this doesn't always go well with new players. At least with Crawford everyone understands the mandatory double this is behind it.

But for 2-point "quickies" it would turn a format that I've always considered somewhat pointless into something really interesting. And as someone noted above, explaining the rule is simple - it's just a match to 2 played without the cube.

I would encourage the backgammon community to experiment with playing cubeless two-pointers and see how it goes. If enough interesting scenarios arise that are not found in 'usual' match play it might be worth considering adding it to tournament play.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.